Stone Lake Ice Fishing Bowl
***Event has been cancelled 😦 ***
$1500 in Cash Prizes!!
$500 – Longest Bluegill
$500 – Longest Crappie
$500 – Longest Perch
***Event has been cancelled – not enough ice ***
Prize money donated by Cass Construction – thank you!!
Awesome door prizes donated by ClearH2O Tackle!
Awards presentation will be held at Stone Lake Bar and Grill. Stay tuned for food & drink specials.
TICKETS: Ticket entry fee is $30. Tickets may be purchased in advance through Square or at the snack shack on the day of (cash & card accepted) until 11am. Save time and skip the line – advance ticket purchases are recommended to get on the ice earlier. There must be 6 inches of ice for the event to be safely held. In the case that there is not enough ice to hold the event all entry fees will be fully refunded.
CHECK IN: All participants must check in at the ‘snack shack’ prior to entering the ice. Door prize tickets will be given to each participant at check in. The snack shack is located on the beach promenade, close to 203 S Disbrow. Check in begins at 5am. Lines go in the water at 6am.
PARKING: There is very limited parking available in the beach parking lot on the corner of Disbrow and Jefferson. Street parking is available on Disbrow, Jefferson, and Broadway. Public parking lots are located off of Disbrow behind Helping Hands and at the Cassopolis Municipal Complex, 121 N. Disbrow. Please DO NOT park at The Twirl, their limited parking is for customers only.
FISH CHECK IN: Bring fish to the judge’s station at the end of the pier to be measured. Fish must be fresh and not frozen. There is no limit of fish each participant can have measured, however only the longest of each species per participant will be recorded. All fish must be measured at the judge’s station prior to 11am to be eligible.
LEADERBOARD: Updates will be posted on the Cassopolis Main Street Facebook page (@CassopolisMainStreet) and in the 2023 Stone Lake Ice Fishing Bowl event page.
PRIZES: Stop by the snack shack on your way out to see if you won a door prize. Prize money will be awarded shortly after 11am at Stone Lake Bar and Grill. Winners must be present to win.
Winners of the 2022 Stone Lake Ice Fishing Bowl – $500 cash prize:
Bluegill – 8.75 inches, Ernie Van Lou, 81 years old
Crappie – 11.75 inches, Isaac Walker, 13 years old
Perch – 11 inches, Chris Evenhouse
- Participants may set up their gear on the ice prior to 6 a.m., however lines cannot be dropped into the water prior to 6 a.m.
- All fish entered must be caught between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. the day of the competition from Stone Lake on hook and line by a registered, paid participant of the competition.
- Only fresh, unfrozen fish will be qualified to win the prizes. If you have a fish you want measured, you must bring it to the judges stations at the end of the pier while it is in the aforementioned condition. Bringing in a fish that was caught prior to the competition is absolutely prohibited and will result in disqualification without refund.
- Fish will be judged by length, with the weight of the fish being the tiebreaker in the event of two fish the same length.
- In the event of a tie of both length and weight, the prize will be divided by the number of entries tied.
- The judge’s decisions are final!
- Participants must adhere to all Michigan DNR rules & regulations.
- Anybody in violation of any of these rules will be automatically disqualified from the competition and will not be eligible for a refund.
QUESTIONS? Email CassopolisMainStreet@gmail.com or call 269-445-8648